World Cup Day 9, Day 10, Day 11
So, the most important things we’ve learned in the last three days are.
1. Portugal kicked North Korea’s ass hardcore, and probably could’ve gotten more goals if it’d been more on target.
2. Spain seems to have regained its footing, its next game against Chile is important, but if they continue to play solidly they may still be in this
3. Brazil is definitely in, Portugal is probably in — their game is going to be fun to watch
4. Italy is not quite as embarrassing as France, but close
5. Netherlands is definitely in, Cameroon is definitely out
So, the last round of games is upon us. They’re going to be two at a time, so a two hour stretch of time is going to determine who moves on of the four of each group. North Korea and Cameroon are the only teams that are for sure out, and Argentina, Brazil and Netherlands are the only ones definitely in, so it’s 27 teams fighting for 13 spots.
Nate Silver gives odds!